1930 Veterans Administration Logo

Allen Park Veterans Administration Hospital Archives

Search for specific termsBrowse alphabetical list of TitlesBrowse alphabetical list of OrganizationsBrowse by subject category

|A-B| |C-G| |H-L| |M-P| |R-V| |W-Z|
Ford, Henry (5)

Access Title:Mr. Henry Ford - Donor of the Thirty-Nine-Acre Plot on Which the Hospital is Located
Person/People: Ford, Henry
File Type: Photographs
Description: Black and white photograph (6.5x10) of Henry Ford with inscription "Donor of the thirty-nine-acre plot on which the hospital is located".
Date: unknown

Access Title:Groundbreaking at the Allen Park VA Facility
Person/People: Ford, Henry
File Type: Photographs
Description: Photograph of the ground breaking ceremony of the new veterans hospital on June 20th 1939. Henry Ford and a young boy (Donald Addy) posed for the ceremonial first shovel with a crowd of onlookers.
Date: 1939-06-20

Access Title:Henry and Clara Ford Quit-Claim Deed
Person/People: Ford, Henry
File Type: Text
Description: Photocopy of 1937 Quit-Claim Deed documenting Henry and Clara Ford's 1939 donation of 39 acres for the purpose of establishing a veterans hospital.
Date: 1937-04-07

Access Title:From Soldier to Citizen: history of Detroit VA Medical Center
Person/People: Dingell, John D.
File Type: Video
Description: This film covers the history of the Allen Park/Detroit VA Medical Center as it was conceived in the 1930's with the support of Henry Ford. The Medical Center later moved to Detroit in the 1990's to accomodate the changing needs of the community and the veterans we serve. The video is written and produced by Bill Browning and narrated by Bob Hynes.
Date: 2006-06-01

Access Title:Dedication Program
Person/People: Dingell, John D.
File Type: Text
Description: Program for the Dedication of the United States Veterans Administration Facility, Southfield Rd and Outer Dr. in Dearborn, Michigan on Tuesday the twentieth of June ninteen hundred and thirty nine at two in the afternoon. Document includes a listing of all the dignitaries at the ceremony. Also in the program is a description of the new hospital.
Date: 1939-06-20